Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Pot Filler: Yes or No


My customers always want the latest gadgets to be featured in their new kitchen design. I attribute this to what they see on HGTV.   I have no issue with this, except that not every thing on TV makes sense for every  home.  One item that is always a popular request is to add a pot filler at the range or cook top.  Despite my initial thought that this is just another piece of decor,  I can see how this feature is handy. My issue with pot fillers is that I do not like the idea of a faucet that without a sink.  Plumbing can leak and in this case, leak all over your cook top!  Well, I have found a solution to my concerns.  The trough sink with a pot filler faucet! Its not practical for doing dishes due to its size, but its great to have a small sink at the cooking area. This allows you the pot filler function, and goes a step further by providing a narrow but helpful sink!  Especially when installed towards the back of the counter top, it doesn't take up much room at all. This could work for you too!

#kitchen design

No comments:

Post a Comment